Within the framework of the extraordinary situation that is currently on the table as consequence of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we reinforce our commitment to provide you with strategic information for your business.
Hence, we will periodically publish information with the aim of providing advice regarding the latest regulations approved (BOE) and the latest emergency measures announced by the authorities.
We trust that this will assist you in taking adequate measures aimed at minimizing, to the extent possible, the financial effects that this exceptional situation could entail.
REGULATIONS PUBLISHED IN THE SPANISH BOE
- SICK LEAVE ARISING FROM ISOLATION PERIODS OR CONTAGIONS CAUSED BY COVID-19
BOE núm. 62 del día 11 de marzo de 2020, Real Decreto-ley 6/2020, de 10 de marzo, por el que se adoptan determinadas medidas urgentes en el ámbito económico y para la protección de la salud pública (Artículo Quinto).
The period of isolation or contagion (of employees or freelancers) caused by COVID-19 Virus is assimilated to an occupational accident, only for purposes of the economic benefit of temporary disability established by the Social Security System. The term will be determined by the official document issued by the sanitary authorities.
- DEFERRAL OF TAX DEBTS FOR SMEs AND FREELANCERSBOE núm. 65 del día 13 de marzo de 2020, Real Decreto-ley 7/2020, de 12 de marzo, por el que se adoptan medidas urgentes para responder al impacto económico del COVID-19 (Artículo 14).
- A deferral of tax debts is approved for those tax declarations whose filing period ends from March 13, 2020 and until May 30, 2020, both inclusive.
- This affects the tax declarations for the first quarter of 2020 and the monthly tax declarations for February, March and April of the same year. The measure is extended to the payments for tax withholdings practiced or payments on account, to CIT advanced payments and to debts arising from indirect taxes (VAT). Such deferral will proceed, without the need to provide guarantees, for debts not exceeding the amount of 30,000 euros
- Individuals or companies whose turnover volume in 2019 has not exceeded 6,010,121.04 euros may request this deferral.
- The term of deferment will be six months. No interest will be accrued during the first three months of the deferment.
- The deferral does not exempt from the obligation to declare, which must be fulfilled in the regular established terms.
In this regard, the Tax Administration has indicated that “The terms in the tax procedures are going to be deferred by means of an imminent regulatory amendment. Don't worry if you have a pending process. While the regulatory amendment is approved, the Tax Agency is aware of the situation and will not consider that the deadline has been breached”. More info: Aviso Importante de la Agencia Tributaria
Follow this link if you want to deferr your taxes: Instructions to request the deferral of tax debts
- DEFERRAL OF DEBTS ARISING FROM LOANS GRANTED BY THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT OF INDUSTRY AND SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES (SECRETARÍA GENERAL DE INDUSTRIA Y DE LA PEQUEÑA Y MEDIANA EMPRESA)
BOE núm. 65 del día 13 de marzo de 2020, Real Decreto-ley 7/2020, de 12 de marzo, por el que se adoptan medidas urgentes para responder al impacto económico del COVID-19 (artículo 15).
It will be possible to request an extraordinary deferment of certain loans granted by the General Secretariat for Industry and Small and Medium-Sized Businesses, provided that their maturity is less than 6 months from March 13, 2020 .
MEASURES ANNOUNCED BY THE GOVERNMENT AFTER THE EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL OF MINISTERS OF 03/12/20 (NOT OFFICIAL UNTIL THEY ARE PUBLISHED IN THE BOE)
- ICO CREDIT LINES
A special financial aid will be available through the Official Credit Institute for an amount of 400 million euros to meet the financial needs of companies and freelancers operating in the tourism sector, as well as in related activities that are being affected by the current situation.
- SOCIAL SECURITY DISCOUNTS
To safeguard employment, Social Security discounts will apply to certain contracts (contratos fijos discontinuos) from February to June 2020 in the tourism, commercial and hospitality sectors linked to tourism activity.
DECLARATION OF THE STATE OF ALARM
- STATE OF ALARM
The President of the Government declared on a press conference that starting tomorrow, March 14, 2020, the “State of Alarm” will be established for 15 days to contain the expansion of the Coronavirus pandemic.
OTHER DOCUMENTATION OF INTEREST
If you have any questions regarding this information, please do not hesitate in contacting us.